During the days when people with physical defects and malformations were treated like freaks, circuses exploited them by putting them in the forefront of their shows. So, here are 16 pictures that prove how disturbing these shows used to be.
1. This man had Ectrodactyly, a physical deformity that makes his hand look like lobster claws.
2. Unzie the Albino.
3. John Jennings a.k.a The Modern Samson.
4. Isaac W. Sprague a.k.a The Living Skeleton.
5. Minnie Woolsey, known as Koo Koo the Bird Girl.
She suffered from Virchow-Seckel syndrome which gave her birdlike features.
6. Pip and Flip: The Twins from Yucatan.
They suffered from Microephaly which makes their heads have an unusual size.
7. Two-headed man.
8. A legless acrobat and his family posing for a picture.
9. Alice E. Doherty, known on stage as “The Minnesota Woolly Baby”.
10. A performer with no arms and another with large feet.
11. Ella Harper, also known as Camel Girl.
12. The four-legged woman.
13. The Bearded Woman, named Annie Jones.
14. The Human Pincushion.
15. Lucia Zarate. She weighed only 4 pounds at 18 YO and she was the smallest person in the world.
16. Sideshow boxers.
SHARE these pictures with your friends and see what they have to say about them!