There are so many things that are right under our noses and we do not realize that either we know them or see them. For example, did you know you can not swallow and breathe at the same time? Or, try to hum while you hold your nose. Yeah, I know, this is pretty damn cool. These are some examples we might not know we actually know. But we are not going to talk only about us or about the human body. You’ll find out some interesting facts about animals also, politicians, about laws in different countries and about cultural customs in different parts of the world.
We present you below some of the most interesting, funny and intriguing facts about our world. (h/t: boredpanda)
1. According to Switzerland’s law, social animals like guinea pigs must have a buddy with them. Owning only one is considered animal abuse and illegal.
2. Every time a baby girl is born in the indian village of Piplantri, the residents plant 111 trees in her honor.
3. Every year on 5 August, the Mars Curiosity rover celebrates the anniversary of its arrival by singing the happy birthday song. To itself, all alone, on Mars.
4. The FBI believes that animal abuse is a serious crime and it is tracked right along with homicide, arson and assault.
5. The probability of you to drink a glass of water that contains a molecule of water that also passe through a dinosaur is almost 100%.
6. Owls keep little snakes as their pets.
7. Politicians mix up Slovakia and Slovenia so often that embassy employees meet every month to exchange wrongly addressed mail.
8. It rains diamonds on Saturn and Jupiter.
9. Cleopatra was alive closer to the invention of the iPhone than the construction of the great pyramid.
10. Mario hits the blocks with his hand, not his head.
11. Honey doesn’t spoil; you could feasibly eat 3000 year old honey.
Share these amazing life facts with your friends and family!